- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Glen Cove Drowning 3rd on Long Island This Week
An 18-year-old Brooklyn woman became the third possible drowning victim on Long Island this week at a Glen Cove house party celebrating the Fourth of July that went into early Friday morning.
Glen Cove city police said guests at the party pulled the woman from the deep end of the pool and started CPR until officers and EMTs arrived at the Valley Road home.
Further attempts at CPR and advanced life support were unsuccessful and the victim, whose identity was not immediately released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her body was taken to the Nassau County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause and manner of death.
On Monday afternoon, a clammer is believed to have drowned while swimming to his boat that drifted away in Flanders Bay.
Then on Tuesday morning, a 36-year-old man who is suspected of drowning was found floating in the water near Inwood Bay Park.