- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Teen Robbed 7 People in 45 Minutes in Valley Stream, Cops Say
A teenager has been accused of going on an robbery spree in which he and an accomplice who has yet to be apprehended allegedly tried to mug seven people at gunpoint in Valley Stream in less than an hour as the Fourth of July turned into early Friday morning.
Nassau County police said 19-year-old Michael Davidson of North Valley Stream and a second suspect flashed a handgun at an 18-year-old man and woman and stole their cell phones on Sunset Road at 11:16 p.m. Thursday.
A half hour later, the accused gunmen allegedly tried to rob two people on Fenwood Drive at the corner of Waverly Place but the victims fled, police said.
Shortly later at the same corner, the suspects approached a 22-year-old man, hit him in the face, stole his cell phone and fled the scene, police said.
Shortly before midnight, police said a patrol sergeant caught the duo in the act of trying to rob two more people at the corner of Merrick Road and North Waldinger Avenue.
The suspects fled but the sergeant apprehended Davidson shortly later following a struggle and recovered a .380 caliber handgun, authorities said. The second suspect escaped.
Both the sergeant and the suspect were treated for minor injuries at a local hospital.
Davidson was charged with robbery, assault and criminal use of a firearm.
He will be arraigned Friday at First District Court in Hempstead.
Robbery Squad detectives ask that the victims of the attempted robbery on North Waldinger Avenue contact them at 516-573-8040.