- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Holbrook LIE Crash Leaves Woman Dead
A 33-year-old Queens woman was killed when the SUV her husband was driving hit a truck parked on side of the Long Island Expressway in Holbrook early Sunday morning.
Suffolk County police said Matthew Polashek was driving a GMC Yukon westbound on the LIE when he veered onto the right shoulder and struck an unoccupied, disabled Dodge pickup truck on the shoulder between exits 61 and 62 at 4:31 a.m.
Polashek’s wife, Stacie, was pronounced dead at the scene. Matthew, also 33, was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Sixth Squad detectives impounded the trucks, are continuing the investigation and ask any witnesses to call them at 631-854-8652.