- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Lindenhurst Man Killed in Jet Ski Accident
A 33-year-old Lindenhurst man was killed while riding a jet ski on the Great South Bay on Saturday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Michael Mignone was riding his Yamaha jet ski near the New York State Boat Channel when he hit the anchor line of his 20-foot Trophy boat shortly before 5 p.m.
The U.S. Coast Guard responded and took Mignone to Venetian Shores in Lindenhurst on his own boat.
He was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip where he later died.
The boat and the jet ski were towed to the Suffolk police Marine Bureau in Timber Point for safety checks.
First Squad detectives said the incident appears non-criminal.