- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Lindenhurst Man Killed in Jet Ski Accident
A 33-year-old Lindenhurst man was killed while riding a jet ski on the Great South Bay on Saturday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Michael Mignone was riding his Yamaha jet ski near the New York State Boat Channel when he hit the anchor line of his 20-foot Trophy boat shortly before 5 p.m.
The U.S. Coast Guard responded and took Mignone to Venetian Shores in Lindenhurst on his own boat.
He was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip where he later died.
The boat and the jet ski were towed to the Suffolk police Marine Bureau in Timber Point for safety checks.
First Squad detectives said the incident appears non-criminal.