- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Central Islip Man Dies 4 Days After Fight
A 50-year-old man has died after he was found suffering from a head wound following a fight in front of his Central Islip home over the holiday weekend, Suffolk County police said.
Luis Gonzalez was pronounced dead Tuesday at Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, where he was taken after officers found him unconscious with a head injury laying in the road on Peach Street shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday, police said.
His 28-year-old son, Jonathan, was taken to the same hospital for treatment of a head injury in the same fight. Jonathan has been released.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this incident to call them at 631-852-6392 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.