- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Massapequa Man Accused of Stabbing Man
A Massapequa man has been accused of stabbing a 49-year-old man outside of his Farmingdale home following a fight on Wednesday night.
Nassau County police said Christopher Rios got into an altercation with the victim at a gas station and the 23-year-old suspect later went to the victim’s house where the argument escalated shortly before 9 p.m.
Rios allegedly stabbed the victim with an unknown weapon and ran away but was apprehended shortly later. A police spokesman said the two knew each other from an ongoing dispute.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he is being treated.
Rios was charged with assault and will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.