- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Terryville Hit-and-run Crash Leaves Biker Dead
Suffolk County police are looking for a hit-and-run driver that killed a 51-year-old bicyclist in Terryville on Thursday evening.
Bradford Packer of Port Jefferson Station was riding his bicycle northbound on Route 112 when he was struck by a westbound vehicle at the corner of Nesconset Highway at 9:15 p.m., police said.
Packer was taken to John T. Mather Memorial Hospital in Port Jefferson where he was pronounced dead.
The vehicle fled the scene without stopping. It was described as a light-colored Hyundai sedan with significant front-end damage.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-852-6555 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 631-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.