- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Rocky Point Man Fatally Hit by SUV
A 20-year-old Rocky Point man was fatally struck by an SUV while walking along a roadway in Wading River early Sunday morning.
Suffolk County police said Nicholas Pieloch was walking along Route 25A when he was hit by a westbound Ford Explorer near the corner of Randall Road at 3:18 a.m.
The SUV, driven by 21-year-old Jesse Feinberg of Shoreham, then crossed over the eastbound lane, struck a tree and overturned.
Pieloch was pronounced dead at the scene. Feinberg was not injured.
Seventh Squad detectives impounded the truck, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this crash to call them at 631-852-8752.