- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Commack Chuck E. Cheese Brawl Under Investigation
Suffolk County police’s Fourth Precinct is investigating a fight that broke out at Chuck E. Cheese in Commack, which ended with the theft of a pocket book as children screamed in horror for their parents to stop throwing haymakers.
The skirmish—which was captured on a cell phone video and posted on YouTube—occurred just before 7 p.m. on Saturday, according to a police spokeswoman who confirmed the investigation.
Police did not reveal what sparked the brawl, but noted that someone ran off with a pocket book during the dispute.
The confrontation became heated about 30 seconds into the video when a woman clutching a baby in her right arm walks up to a woman and swings her left arm. The group of women continued fighting as workers and guests—and even children—tried unsuccessfully to break up the fight.
A child is seen grabbing a woman from behind in an attempt to pull her away from the fray. Screams of “Mommy! Mommy!” can be heard in the background.
The video of the embarrassing altercation has gone viral and has more than 20,000 views.
The police investigation is ongoing.