- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Noyac Woman Attacked Nanny, Drove Drunk With Kid, Cops Say
A Noyac woman has been accused of physically attacking her nanny while the victim was holding the suspect’s child, then driving drunk with the kid last week.
Southampton Town Police said Laura Bowery-Falco got into a fight with the nanny at the family’s Roses Grove Road home, causing minor injuries to the victim on the afternoon of July 11.
The 44-year-old woman put her child, who was not injured, in her car and drove to her mother’s house down the street, where officers found she was under the influence of alcohol shortly later, police said.
Bowery-Falco was charged with harassment, endangering the welfare of a child and driving while intoxicated with a minor, a felony under Leandra’s Law.
She will be arraigned Tuesday at Southampton Town Justice Court. The child was released to the father.