- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Riverhead Hit-and-run Crash Kills Woman
A hit-and-run driver killed a 26-year-old woman in her hometown of Riverhead on Tuesday night and fled the scene on foot, according to investigators that are now looking for the suspect.
Riverhead Town Police officers responded to a crash at the corner of County Road 58 and Woodcrest Avenue, where they found a woman lying unconscious in the roadway at 9:21 p.m., authorities said.
The victim, Kristina Tfelt was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.
The Cadillac Deville that was involved struck a retaining wall and came to a rest on a nearby sidewalk before the driver and passenger fled the scene on foot, police said.
Riverhead, Suffolk and New York State police searched for the suspects, who escaped.
Police ask anyone with information on this case to call them at 631-727-4500 ext. 326.