- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hospital Worker Stole Necklace from Patient, Cops Say
A North Shore University Hospital worker has been accused of stealing a necklace from an 82-year-old man who was a patient at the Manhasset medical center two weeks ago.
Nassau County police arrested Linda Hernandez, a Patient Care Associate for the hospital, and charged her with criminal possession of stolen property.
Third Squad detectives alleged the 37-year-old Islip woman pawned the necklace, worth $2,000, at East Islip Jewelers after the victim noticed it went missing July 5.
Hernandez will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.