- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Body Found in Hempstead Lake State Park
A dead body was found in Hempstead Lake State Park on Thursday evening, New York State Parks Police said.
A fisherman found the body floating in the water of north pond at 6:30 p.m., police said.
Investigators are working to identify the body. The discovery comes more than a week after police launched a search for a woman who was reported missing in the park.
The remains were taken to the Nassau County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be conducted.