- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
North Lindenhurst Boy, 6, Drowns in Pool
A 6-year-old boy died hours after being found unresponsive by his grandmother in the family’s backyard swimming pool in North Lindenhurst on Tuesday evening.
Suffolk County police said the boy was pronounced dead Wednesday morning at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip, where he was initially listed in critical condition.
The victim’s grandmother had found her grandson in the pool at the house on Bedell Street, pulled the child out and called 911 shortly after 5 p.m. Tuesday, police said.
First Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.
The case marks the 11th apparent drowning on Long Island so far this year and follows two this weekend.