- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Person Fatally Hit by LIRR Train in Central Islip
A person was struck and killed by an eastbound Long Island Rail Road train in Central Islip late Tuesday night.
The victim was hit shortly before 11 p.m. by the 9:15 p.m. train from Penn Station due in Ronkonkoma at 10:37 p.m., according to the LIRR.
Service was temporarily suspended on the Ronkonkoma Branch while investigators were on the scene but was restored in time for the Wednesday morning rush hour commute.
MTA Police are continuing the investigation into the cause of the death.