- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Homeless Man Called in NUMC Bomb Threat, Cops Say
A homeless man has been arrested for calling in bomb threat to Nassau University Medical Center from a pay phone in Westbury, Nassau County police said.
Victor Perez made an anonymous call saying that there was a bomb in the hospital on Tuesday night, prompting a search of the building that did not turn up any explosives, police said.
Third Squad detectives apprehended the 48-year-old suspect Wednesday night and charged him with making a terroristic threat.
He will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.