- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Shirley Woman Found Dead in Her Home
A 33-year-old woman who was found dead in her Shirley home on Wednesday afternoon is believed to be a victim of foul play, Suffolk County police said.
Officers responded to Elizabeth Hernandez’ house on Auborn Avenue, where she was found dead at 12:30 p.m., police said.
Her body was taken to the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s Office, where an autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS or the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392. All calls will be kept confidential.