- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Emaciated Horses Rescued from Center Moriches
Suffolk County SPCA officials are asking the public for donations and a new home for a pair of emaciated horses that the agency recently rescued from their prior owner in Center Moriches.
The horses, one of which is a thoroughbred, were found to be thin and had no feed or hay after an investigation prompted by a tip, officials said.
The owner signed over the horses to the SPCA on Monday and are in foster care, but they need veterinary care and a permanent home, officials said.
The agency needs donations to help defer the cost of the horses’ foster and vet care.
The Suffolk County SPCA agency also asks that anyone interested in adopting one or both of these horses call them at 631-382-7722.