- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
2 Men Arrested for Hempstead Shooting, Robbery Try
Two men have been arrested for shooting a driver they were trying to rob a driver in Hempstead this week, Nassau County police said.
Brian Tonery, 22, of Deer Park and Corey S. Heard, 25, of Hempstead were charged with attempted robbery. Heard was additionally charged with attempted second-degree murder, criminal use of a firearm and criminal possession of a weapon.
Police said the men walked up to a 24-year-old man in his Honda at the corner of Nassau Parkway and Allen Street, tried to grab his keys and then Heard shot the victim when the victim put the vehicle in drive on Monday evening.
The victim was treated for a non life threatening gun shot wound at an area hospital.
Tonery and Heard will be arraigned at First District Court in Hempstead.