- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Bellport Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash
A 51-year-old Bellport man was killed when his motorcycle was involved in a crash with a vehicle making a left turn in Medford on Saturday night.
Suffolk County police said Daniel Cardona was riding his Suzuki eastbound on Horseblock Road when he collided with a westbound Chrysler trying to turn left in front of the motorcycle at 10:23 p.m.
Cardona was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue where he was pronounced dead.
The other driver, 73-year-old Arthur White of Medford, was not injured.
Sixth Squad detectives impounded both vehicles, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about the crash to call them at 631-854-8652. All calls will be kept confidential.