- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Bay Shore Crash Victim’s ID Sought by Police
Suffolk County police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a pedestrian who was critically injured after being struck by a car in Bay Shore on Saturday night.
The victim was taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore after being hit by a northbound Toyota on Fifth Avenue south of Juliet Street at 10:15 p.m. Saturday.
The driver was not injured.
The victim is described as Hispanic man in his mid-50s, 5-feet, 7-inches to 5-feet, 9-inches tall, 185 to 200 pounds with salt and pepper hair.
He was wearing size 40 regular dark Italina Collezione suit pants with silver pin stripes, a white cloth belt and size 13 Saminto Laurenzini shoes.
Police released photos of the man’s clothes Sunday night in the hopes that someone will recognize him and come forward to identify the victim.
Third Squad detectives asking anyone with information on the victim to contact them at 631-854-8352.