- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
East Farmingdale Drag Racers Busted, Cops Say
Two men who were arrested for drag racing on the streets of East Farmingdale over the weekend are facing possible forfeiture their sports cars, Suffolk County police said.
Officers investigating drag racing stopped the drivers of a 2003 Nissan 350Z and a 2002 BMW M3 after they were caught in the act shortly after midnight Saturday, police said.
The driver of the Nissan, 21-year-old Raymond Miranda of Dix Hills, was taken into custody at the scene. The BMW driver, 18-year-old Nicholas Manteria, was apprehended Sunday at his Wantagh home.
They were each charged with illegal speed contest and reckless driving.
Police impounded the cars and noted that they may be subject to forfeiture proceedings that could eventually land them on a police auction block.
First Precinct Crime Section officers are continuing the investigation.