- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Hauppauge Crash Leaves Driver Dead
A 29-year-old Commack man was killed when he crashed his car through a Hauppauge building early Wednesday morning.
Suffolk County police said Peter Fedden was driving a Honda eastbound on Commerce Drive when he failed to stop at an intersection and crashed into an office building on Adams Boulevard at 12:10 a.m.
After Emergency Services Section officers extricated Fedden from the vehicle, he was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead a shortly later.
Fourth Squad detectives impounded Fedden’s vehicle, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information to call them at 631-854-8452 or Suffolk Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.