- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Inwood Shooting Wounds Bystander
A woman was caught in the crossfire of a fight that between several men that escalated into a shooting in Inwood early Wednesday morning, Nassau County police said.
The 31-year-old victim, who was not involved in the original altercation, was shot and wounded in the pelvic area on Bayview Avenue at 12:30 a.m., police said.
The suspects ran away. The victim was taken to a local hospital where she was admitted for a non-life threatening gun shot wound.
Fourth Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.