- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
$1K Reward for Dog Missing After Merrick Burglary
A $1,000 reward is being offered for help finding a dog that either escaped or was stolen by the burglar of a Merrick home this week, Nassau County authorities said.
The dog’s owners reported the two-year-old Bichon Shih Tzu named “Cookie” missing after a burglar broke into their Merrick Avenue home through a basement window between 10:30 a.m. and 2:05 p.m. Monday, police said.
The burglar stole a flat-screen TV, jewelry, X-Box videogame system, iPad, cell phone and designer handbags, police said.
It is unclear if Cookie, who was wearing tags, was taken or ran away through the front door that was left open.
The Nassau County SPCA, which is offering the reward for the dog’s return, ask anyone with information on the whereabouts of Cookie to call them at 516-THE-SPCA
Seventh Squad detectives ask anyone with information regarding the dog or burglary to call them at 516-573-6753 or Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.