- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Greenport Man Accused of Raping Woman at Beach
A man has been accused of raping a woman at a beach on the North Fork on Tuesday night, Southold Town Police said.
Rudy Orlando Cruz-Ventura was arrested on Shelter Island and charged with first-degree rape, police said.
The suspect allegedly raped the woman at Goldsmith’s Inlet Park beach overlooking the Long Island Sound off Mill Lane in Peconic at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Both the suspect and the victim are 33 years old and from Greenport.
Cruz-Ventura will be arraigned at Southold Town Justice Court.