- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Body Found in Wantagh Mill Pond Woods
A dead body was found in a wooded area at Mill Pond Park Preserve in Wantagh on Sunday evening, Nassau County police said.
Officers responded to a 911 call of a body found slumped over a log in the park shortly after 4 p.m., police said.
The body was taken to the Nassau County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be performed to determine the man’s identity and cause of death.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.