- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Justin Bieber’s Staff Suspected of Hamptons Assault
Justin Bieber, the teen pop star who’s appearance at Roosevelt Field Mall nearly sparked a riot four years ago, may be linked to new legal troubles on Long Island.
A man who was hospitalized after being assaulted at a Southampton night club told investigators that he believes that the assailants were members of the singer’s entourage, authorities said Monday.
The victim told Southampton Town Police that he was assaulted at the South Point Night Club on Tuckahoe Lane at 3:45 a.m. Sunday by suspects that he believes were members of the singer’s security staff, authorities said.
The victim, who was not identified, was treated for minor injuries at Peconic Bay Medical Center.
The New York Daily News reported that Bieber “ripped off his shirt and went nuts” before he left the club, where his entourage was later allegedly involved in the brawl.
Southampton Town Police detectives are continuing the investigation and ask that anyone with information or who witnessed the incident to contact them at 631-702-2230.
In the mall riot case, Nassau County prosecutors reached a plea deal with the teen pop star’s manager two years ago in which Bieber was required to record an anti-bullying video that was to be used in local schools.