- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
New Cassel Teen Charged in Stabbing
One of two teenagers wanted for stabbing and wounding another in New Cassel over the weekend has been apprehended, Nassau County police said.
Kevin Vanegas, 17, of New Cassel, was arrested Tuesday and charged with assault.
Police said Vanegas stabbed the 18-year-old victim in the chest on Grand Street while his alleged accomplice stabbed the victim in the buttocks before they fled the scene late Friday night.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was admitted for treatment of his injuries.
Special Investigative Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.
Vanegas will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding this stabbing to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.