- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Seaford Woman Accused of DWI Hit-and-run
A Seaford woman has been accused of driving drunk, crashing into another vehicle and trying to flee the scene in the Hamptons over the weekend.
Southampton Town Police arrested Monica Hartman and charged her with driving while intoxicated and leaving the scene of an accident with physical injury.
Police said the 23-year-old woman was driving on Montauk Highway in East Quogue when she crossed over the double yellow line and ran into the side of an oncoming vehicle on Sunday night.
Three passengers in her vehicle and the two people in the other vehicle were all treated for non life-threatening injuries.
Hartman ran away but was found hiding in the nearby woods by New York State police.
She was arraigned at Southampton Town Justice Court.