- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Elmont Man Charged With 4 Armed Robberies in 10 Days
A man has been accused of robbing nine people at gunpoint in four street muggings over a 10-day span in Manhasset, Great Neck and the suspect’s hometown of Elmont.
Nassau County police arrested Joshua Prince, 21, on robbery and gun charges Wednesday shortly after authorities said he and two alleged accomplices robbed four men of cell phones and wallets in Elmont.
The two other suspects, 21-year-old Nakwan Hailey and 20-year-old Dillan Malebranche, who are also from Elmont, were arrested and charged with robbery as well after officers stopped the Acura they were in for speeding, police said.
Prince and Hailey also allegedly robbed a man of his cell phone Sunday and three teenagers of their cell phones July 30, both in Manhasset.
And on July 29, police said Prince robbed a man in Great Neck of a bag full of the victim’s clothing and wallet after pointing a handgun at the victim’s neck.
Prince was additionally charged with criminal use of a firearm. Prince, Hailey and Malebranche will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.