- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Teen Hit by Car in Mineola in Serious Condition
A teenager is battling serious injuries after a car struck him in Mineola Friday night as he crossed the street, Nassau County police said.
The 18-year-old was crossing the roadway near Second Street just before 10:30 p.m. when a 51-year-old male driver, traveling south on Mineola Boulevard, struck him with his Ford, police said.
The teen suffered injuries to his head, neck and arms, police said. He was transported to a local hospital and is listed in serious but stable condition, police said.
Both the teen and the driver were not identified.
The incident doesn’t appear to be criminal, police said, but the Ford was impounded for a safety inspection. The investigation is continuing, police said.