- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Massapequa Man Accused of DWI Crash With Tot
A man was arrested for drunken driving with his 3-year-old son after crashing his SUV into a car in Amityville on Saturday afternoon, Suffolk County police said.
Ryan Hannigan, 36, of Massapequa, was making a left at the corner of Oak Street and Broadway when his Jeep Grand Cherokee crashed into a Nissan Maxima at 2 p.m., police said.
The 34-year-old Copiague man driving the car was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip, where he was treated for minor injuries.
Hannigan and his son, who was released to a family member, were not injured.
Hannigan was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and driving while intoxicated with a passenger 15 years old, a felony under Leandra’s Law.
He will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Central Islip.