- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Missing Woman Found Dead in Atlantic Off Montauk
A 40-year-old New York City woman who had been reported missing was found dead in the Atlantic Ocean off Montauk Point on Sunday morning, Suffolk County police said.
John Petrocelli, 54, notified the U.S. Coast Guard at 12 a.m. Sunday when he noticed that his wife, Ninive, was no longer on the boat while they were on a trip in the area, police said.
A boater notified the U.S. Coast Guard of a possible body in the water and upon arrival, they found and recovered the victim’s body at 11:30 a.m., police said.
Her body was taken to the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
Homicide Squad detectives and the East Hampton Town Police Department are continuing the investigation.