- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Shirley Man Accused of Pointing Gun at Clammer
A Shirley man has been arrested for pointing a rifle at a fellow clammer after their boats collided in the Long Island Sound off Glen Cove, Nassau County police said.
John Mirabito crashed his boat into the victim’s boat, sparking an argument that escalated when the 59-year-old suspect pulled a rifle from his cabin and pointed it at the victim and his passenger at 8 a.m. Monday, police said.
Both men were at the wheel of separate 21-foot Steiger boats at the time. The victim fled the scene and called 911.
Marine Bureau officers responded, recovered the rifle and charged Mirabito with two counts of menacing.
He will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Hempstead.