- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Hempstead Shooting Under Investigation
Nassau County police officers surrounded a house in Hempstead that five men ran into following a shooting this weekend but are still searching for the shooter, authorities said.
Hempstead and Garden City police officers also responded to Princeton Street for a Shot Spotter alarm of gunfire in the area and a 911 caller reporting a group of men running into the house shortly after 9 p.m. Friday, police said.
“A disturbance ensued between the officers and the [five] occupants of the house,” police said in a news release.
Bureau of Special Operations and Emergency Services Unit officers searched the home after the owner consented but did not find the shooter or any victims inside after interviewing the five men.
The group was released without incident. No injuries were reported. Five empty .380-caliber shell casings were found in the area.
Third Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on the above crime to call the Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.