- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Internet Rolex Seller Tries to Rob Buyer at Gunpoint
A man who responded to a Craig’s List ad of a Rolex watch for sale was met by a gunman who tried to rob him in Lakeview over the weekend, Nassau County police said.
The 44-year-old victim met the suspect who purported to be selling the watch on the corner of Robin Court and Park Avenue at 1:20 p.m. Sunday, police said.
When the victim arrived, the suspect reached into a blue back pack and pulled out a black semi-automatic handgun.
A struggle ensued, the gunman broke free and fled empty handed in a waiting vehicle onto Eagle Avenue, then westbound onto the Southern State Parkway.
The suspect was described as a 6-foot tall black man with a muscular build. The vehicle is described as a blue GMC or Chevy SUV.
The victim was not injured.
Fourth Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to call Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.