- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Man DWI in SUV Crash With Baby, Cops Say
A man has been accused of drunken driving more than double the legal limit with a baby in his SUV that he crashed on the Southern State Parkway in Wantagh over the weekend.
Reynold Charles was driving a Chevrolet Tahoe westbound when he was involved in a collision with another vehicle near the Wantagh State Parkway at 8:41 p.m. Saturday, police said.
Troopers smelled alcohol on the breath of the 48-year-old Brooklyn man, who was found to have a blood alcohol content of 0.21 percent, nearly three times the limit of 0.08 percent, police said.
Charles had a child younger than a year old in his truck at the time, police added. There were no reported injuries.
He was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and driving while intoxicated with a minor, a felony under Leandra’s Law, and traffic violations.
Bail for Charles was set at $1,000 cash or $2,000 bond. He id due back in court Wednesday.