- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Person Fatally Hit by LIRR Train in New Hyde Park
A person was fatally struck by a westbound Long Island Rail Road train west of the New Hyde Park station on Sunday afternoon.
The victim was hit at around 3:30 p.m. by the 2:40 p.m. train from Ronkonkoma due in Penn Station at 3:59 p.m., according to the railroad.
Service was suspended between Jamaica and Mineola for about two hours while investigators were on the scene, causing delays on the Ronkonkoma, Port Jefferson and Oyster Bay branches.
MTA Police are continuing the investigation.