- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Melville Hit-and-run Driver Sought by Police
Suffolk County police are asking for the public’s help in finding a hit-and-run driver who struck an SUV, stopped to apologize and then fled the scene last month in Melville.
A woman was driving her Ford Escape eastbound on Ruland Road when a silver or white Honda CRV made an illegal left turn out of the 7-Eleven parking lot on Broadhollow Road and hit her truck at 10:20 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, police said.
Second Precinct Crime Section officers said the suspect is described as a white man in his late teens or early 20s, 5-feet, 8-inches tall with a thin build. He was wearing a red V-neck T-shirt and black pants.
Police released a surveillance photo of the suspect and are offering a $5,000 reward for anyone who recognizes him and can provide information leading to his arrest.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.