- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Ridge Woman Charged With Neglecting Horses
A Ridge woman has been accused of neglecting five horses at her farm, one of which Suffolk County SPCA officials said was near death, anemic and had to have an eye removed.
Cynthia Schultes was charged last week with five counts of animal cruelty.
Investigators and a veterinarian found the horses to be “extremely underweight” before they were sent to a boarding facility out of state, according to Roy Gross, chief of the Suffolk SPCA.
An equine vet found that the horses also had various long-term medical issues that required immediate attention. They have since gained weight and were responding positively to treatment.
Schultes is due at First District Court in Central Islip on Oct. 17.