- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hempstead Man Charged With Attempted Murder
An alleged gunman has been arrested for shooting a 20-year-old man outside of the victim’s Hempstead home two weeks ago, Nassau County police said.
A judge ordered Brian Thomas held without bail after he was charged with attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon.
Special Investigations Squad detectives alleged the 22-year-old suspect, who is also from Hempstead, fired gunshots at the victim on Henry Street shortly after 5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 5.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he is listed in critical but stable condition.
Hempstead village police officers apprehended Thomas on Fulton Avenue without incident Wednesday.
He is due back in court Monday.