- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Huntington Station Shooting Leaves Man Dead
A 33-year-old Roosevelt man was shot to death while seated in the passenger side of a Saturn in Huntington Station late Wednesday night, Suffolk County police said.
Officers responded to 911 and Shot Spotter calls of shots fired on 8th Avenue, where they found Jazzmen Bryant with a gunshot wound to his abdomen at 11:19 p.m., police said. The victim was taken to Huntington Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
“We’ve got a couple of theories, but nothing that we can definitively pin down at this point,” Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, commander of the Homicide Squad, told the Press.
He said detectives are continuing to investigate whether the motive may involve gangs or drugs but could not discuss the driver, who is an acquaintance of the victim. It did not appear that anything was stolen from the victim, he added.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392 or anonymously to Suffolk County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.