- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 7 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Free Brain Scans in Bridgehampton for 1 Week
The Brain Tumor Foundation is offering free brain scans for the next week in the Hamptons as the nonprofit group takes its New York City efforts nationwide in their Road to Early Detection campaign.
The group’s Mobile MRI Unit will be stationed in the Bridgehampton Commons Shopping Mall at 2044 Montauk Highway starting 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Thursday, Aug. 29.
“Brain tumors do not discriminate,” the foundation said in a news release. “They occur across the board without any distinctions of age, gender, socio-economic status or ethnicity.”
More than 600,000 Americans will be diagnosed with a brain or central nervous system tumor and another 900,000 Americans are living with brain tumors that have yet to be detected, according to the group.
The foundation has made free brain scans available throughout New York City and its neighboring boroughs since 1998 in an effort to save lives by catching brain tumors early when patients can still be saved.
The screenings in the Hamptons are sponsored by Jeffrey Chodorow and the Chodorow Family.
To make an appointment for a free brain scan, call 877-SCAN-NYC (877-722-6692). For sponsorship opportunities, call 212-265-2401.