- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Bay Shore Shooting Under Investigation
Suffolk County police are searching for a gunman who shot a man outside a party in Bay Shore early Saturday morning, police said.
Detectives said several people were standing outside the party at 112 2nd Avenue when the gunman fired several shots, striking a 34-year-old man in his foot around 3 a.m.
The victim was transported in a private vehicle to Good Samaritan Hospital where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
The investigation is continuing. Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to contact the Third Squad at 631-854-8352 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.