- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
LIRR: Man Died after Seizure, Fall from Bellmore Station Platform
A Long Island Rail Road rider died early Saturday morning after he had a seizure on the Bellmore station platform and collapsed onto the tracks, a LIRR spokesman said.
The rider was only identified as a male customer. His name and age has not yet been released.
The LIRR spokesman said the man was standing on the platform around 5:30 a.m. when he had a seizure and fell onto the electrified third rail.
MTA police are still investigating the incident.
The LIRR began operating hourly service west of Babylon after the incident because only one of the two tracks was available for service, the railroad said.