- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Small Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Robert Moses State Park
A small plane made an emergency landing at Robert Moses State Park Saturday morning after the pilot reported engine problems, aviation officials said.
The Cessna 172 aircraft landed in an empty parking lot near Captree Bridge at 8:40 a.m., a Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman said.
The pilot, who was the only person on board, departed from MacArthur Airport in Islip and performed an emergency landing after reporting engine problems, the spokeswoman said. He was not injured.
The FAA is investigating the incident.