- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Long Beach Teen Charged With Lynbrook Woman’s Murder
A Long Beach teenager has been arrested for allegedly killing an 18-year-old Lynbrook woman who was found dead on a Rockville Centre footbridge late last week, Nassau County police said.
Maxwell Sherman was charged with second-degree murder in the death of Lauren Daverin.
Police said the suspect, who is also 18, killed the victim, who was found on the Mill Pond footbridge between Sunrise Highway and Merrick Road late Thursday night. Police have not said how she was killed.
Sherman was reportedly ordered held without bail when he was arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.
Wake services for Daverin will be held at Vernon Wagner funeral home in Hicksville from 7-9 p.m. Monday and Tuesday and 2-4 p.m. Tuesday. She will be buried Wednesday at Cemetery of the Holy Rood in Westbury.