- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Malverne Boy, 8, Killed in Upstate ATV Crash
An 8-year-old Malverne boy died after the ATV he was riding on crashed, overturned and pinned him underneath in upstate New York over the weekend.
New York State police said Alex Huertas was a rear-seat passenger on a 2010 Polaris Sportsman 550 ATV driven by 31-year-old Glenn Adycki of Lynbrook when the driver hit a ditch, causing the accident at 5:30 p.m. Saturday in Cochecton in Sullivan County.
Passersby pulled the ATV off Huertas and called 911. Huertas was taken to Grover M. Hermann Hospital in Callicoon, where he was pronounced dead. Adycki suffered minor injuries.
The boy’s body was taken to Catskill Regional Medical Center, where an autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause of death.