- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Man Survives Being Hit by Train in Hicksville
A man survived being struck by a freight train in Hicksville early Monday morning, according to the Long Island Rail Road.
The victim was hit by a New York & Atlantic freight train near the Hicksville station shortly before 2 a.m., railroad officials said.
He suffered non-life threatening injuries, including some minor lacerations and fractures, according to an LIRR spokesman.
A spokeswoman for Nassau University Medical Center said he is listed in stable condition.
MTA police are investigation the cause of the incident.
Several trains were delayed overnight, but the incident did not impact the Monday morning rush hour commute.